We have freedom in Christ, but...
1 Corinthians 8:1, 1 Timothy 1:5-7, 1 John 2:3-6
- Love trumps knowledge.
- Boundaries to freedom: God's commands & love for others.
Who's in the crowd, and how do we treat them?
1 Corinthians 8:7-13, Colossians 2:16-23, Galatians 5:1, Luke 17:1-4
- The strong Christian:
- The truly weaker Christian:
- The prideful weaker Christian:
- The phantom weaker Christian:
Paul's Example: 1 Corinthians 9
- He chose personal sacrifice over personal rights.
- It's not what you gain, but who you gain.
Beware of the 2 extremes: legalism & excess liberty.