Biblical forgiveness is not...
Proverbs 19:11, Ecclesiastes 7:21-22, Jeremiah 31:34
Genesis 8:1, 2 Samuel 12:13-14, Proverbs 14:15
- Merely excusing the excusable.
- Spiritual amnesia.
- Immediate removal of all the consequences.
- Immediate restoration of trust.
- Letting someone hurt you over and over again.
Biblical forgiveness is . . .
Romans 12:17-21, Matthew 5:43-46
- Refusing to seek revenge or be consumed by a past injustice.
- A decision that becomes a feeling.
Why It’s So Important
Mark 11:25, Matthew 6:12-15, Matthew 18:21-35
- Forgiveness is not an option, it’s a requirement.
- Failing to forgive hurts us worse than them.